And just like that, 2017 is over. I'm pretty sure I'm what my husband would call "overly nostalgic," so this week has just been one big reflection (complete with some tears in unwarranted settings) of all the amazing things that came with this year...and even the not so amazing things that after looking back on, I all of a sudden thought were amazing. I even cried a little bit during Jumanji a few days ago - Jumanji is in no way a sad movie. Help. Me.
So while I wipe away tears for 2017 and all that was good (babies, puppies, engagements, weddings, houses, $7,000 checks, to name a few), and as we're busy setting goals for 2018 (that we probably won't stick with past January 31st), Briana and I wanted to take a pause and look back on our favorite 10 projects of 2017 before we're slammed with the 2018 craziness.
Let me precede this by saying, this was NOT easy. We loved all the projects we worked on this year, and by selecting these projects, we're not choosing our favorite brides (we love all of our brides!). These are just a few of the projects that were fun for the both of us to work on, allowed us to stretch our talents, and were ones that at the end of the day (or year), we were proud to put our name in front of. So cheers to all of you and to the end of one hell of a year. You all rock and we can't wait for all of the new projects we'll look back fondly on in the next 365 days. Kicking things off...
1. Cactus, All Day E'er Day. We love all things watercolor, and when we get the chance to do something a little different, we're ALL for it. And cactus on an invite suite? Right up our alley. This Arizona wedding was a blast to work on!
2. Gold Foil Map Love. Because a hand-drawn map is one thing, and adding a layer of gold foil to it just takes it up about 60 notches in our book. We loved the detail the bride put into all of her wedding pieces - so much fun for the guests traveling in!
3. Through the Looking Glass. This bride came to us with an old windowpane and wanted her bridal party written on it. Challenge accepted. What a fab way to use salvaged pieces as a part of your special day, amiright!?
4. Classic Beauty. Watercolor florals and pretty lettering is our bread and butter, and we this pretty in pink suite ended up a real stunner. The florals were one of our fave watercolor projects to date!
5. Deer and Foxes and Raccoons, Oh My! Okay, so maybe I'm biased since this was technically for my baby shower, but this is hands-down the cutest baby shower invite I've ever seen (don't worry, I didn't work on it so I can say that - this one was all Bri!). Loved that I got little prints of each animal for Mika's nursery, too :D <3
6. Handlettering Bonanza. When a bride wants all handlettering for each of her wedding pieces? Yes, please. This was our first suite that we got to incorporate all hand-lettered elements into the design pieces, plus it had fall vibes (our fave season!), so it was an easy one to fall in love with.
7. Mix & Match. What's better than a wedding suite? A wedding suite jam-packed with fun parts and pieces relevant to the big day. This suite had just that - cards galore, all mix and matched within the bride's overall design aesthetic.
8. Because, Pineapples. Need I say more? Anyone that wants to include pineapples in their wedding suite is a friend in my book. We wanted to be invited to this wedding just the liiiitlest bit (the tropics in Feb? Yes, please.). And did we mention the table numbers (which had pineapples too, of course) were gold foil? Swoon.
9. Logo Lovin'. Monograms and logos are such a fun addition in any suite, and this classic greenery monogram on this invite was an all-time fave. Simple and elegant!
10. Mod Vibes. Sure we love watercolor florals and basically anything in gold, but we have a soft spot for modern aesthetic, too. And this suite was the perfect touch of it, with it's clean black and white backdrop, a touch of green, and graphic lettering. Plus, black envelopes are just the best thing. Ain't nobody gon' argue that.
And that's that! Our top 10! We'd love to hear your thoughts...weigh in on your faves! Or if you had a favorite we didn't list - let's hear it!
XOXO, all the champagne tonight. POP DAT BUBBLY!